Tuesday, November 12, 2013

                                                                                                                             
Autumn is truly in North Carolina today.  It's a cool 39 degrees in Stoneville where I live.   And it's November, which means the holiday season is about to begin.  My thoughts turn to turkey, pumpkins and family gatherings, warm fires, apple cider and long walks through crunchy paths.  It's time to hike and enjoy God's beauty in the red, oranges and yellow leaves of the forest.  It's also time to find those Christmas treasures so I can list them in my shop.  I did have such luck in a little second hand store in downtown Madison, NC last Friday.  There on the back table was a basket of lovely mercury glass ornaments, in silver and gold tones.  I was fortunate to be able to buy the entire lot, including the darling basket!  Keep an eye out because I will be listing them soon.  I am happy with the Christmas items I listed yesterday...check them out here







You can see them at Peony Expressions, here



                                                                                                                               
My weekend was spent in Norfolk with folk I love, my sisters and their husbands.  My youngest sister, Jane and her husband, Steve, have recently moved to this interesting spot in Virginina.  It is one area that I was not familiar with and I had a great time exploring the area with everyone.  They live in historical Ghent, in an old, restored three story house.  It was a quaint home with big ceilings and lots of fireplaces and just plain character.  We walked to the museum to watch an amazing glass blowing demonstration, to the wine bar for lunch and to an old fashion movie theater for the afternoon matinee.  We walked to the harbor to look at the ships.  We cooked and ate gourmet meals, talked, played games and just enjoyed our time together.  On Saturday we did stumble across a church yard sale and my husband found a book that he is enjoying.  But I did not come across any unusual or great treasures for Peony.  I still have many items to photograph and list, including those ornaments.  So I leave you here with some pictures below and  I will go get busy.


Another view of USS Missouri

Battleship USS Missouri
German three masted ship built in 1914.

No comments:

Post a Comment